Saturday, July 10, 2010

Loving EVERYTHING. Here's why:

Life without a job is proving to be rather bea-u-timous. Although I would admittedly not scoff at the chance to make some money some day soon, I'm quite content to go about my days at my own leisurely pace and schedule. Much of the last few weeks has consisted of watching World Cup games, organizing the apartment, sketching, planning my own self-guided "art summer school" courses, and illustrating whatever and whenever the heck I want to. Also involved is a bit of exercise time and (ironically) more eating than I'd like to think about. Such are the drawbacks of being at home all day.

But anyway. My point is that I haven't smiled this much in a long time. I feel amazingly stress free. I feel like the world is out there waiting for me to make something of myself. I am in the constant company of the delightfully overwhelming sensation that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible.

I am so fortunate to be at a unique point in my life where I can take advantage of everything that I am as well as what I have yet to become. Even if this grace period can't and won't last forever, I'm already learning a lot about myself and taking great care to understand my own intentions with my career. So I refuse to give up. I will keep trying. I will not always be successful. My work may not always be anything worthwhile. But as long as I'm making and doing, whatever I make and do will be better than nothing!

Random things from this week:
Illustration I am donating to a children's book about the oil spill (read about the project here):


Quick digital cut out self portrait, (really just an experiment) :


Speed painting of tonight's sunset:


And last but not least a little something I put together to show a bit of my typical illustration process. I'm still working on this illustration and I'm really enjoying it so far.



That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney!

    I love your work. Good Luck to you! Remember: Passion is the key to success!

    ReplyDelete