Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Even amidst all the work I have on my plate at the moment, I took some time last week to make a little something for my mom's surprise 50th birthday party this past Saturday (her real birthday is the 31st). I didn't know exactly what I wanted to give her, but I spent a while reading quotes about mothers and came across one that I found particularly compelling. It inspired the accompanying drawing, a symbolic illustration meant to represent my mom and I.

When I was little I simply could not have imagined myself ever growing up and moving away from her. Now at 26, I live with my husband two hours from my parents (too far for my liking but hopefully this will change in the near future). But no matter how far I may live from my mom, I know that part of me will always be right there by her side. She's my best friend, and I am so thankful to have her in my life.

2 comments:

  1. my favorite for moms--http://www.billy-collins.com/2005/06/the_lanyard.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's really powerful. I've never read that before--thank you for sharing it with me. :)

    ReplyDelete