Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slow Going...Still Going

I couldn't be more grateful for the inadvertent down time I've had lately. It's allowed me to slowly chisel away at the last of the famous American portraits for Scholastic and I am super lucky that the second half of the project (12 illustrated scenes featuring these people) doesn't get assigned until next week at the earliest.

Apart from that, I've been wrapping up some of the small educational spec jobs I've been doing for McGraw Hill. Some of it has been interesting, some of it has not. But it should be a nice little chunk of change when it's all over, which is great since (apart from the back and forth discrepancies in directions) I've barely noticed working on them over the last month.

This is are a couple examples of some of what I've been up to:
A museum interior in which students will draw Native American artifacts/art:


A 5th grader's explorer card and mock journal entry:


A Colonial furniture maker's shop:


And a wallet (the first pass and the revised art):
Thrilling, I know.
In other news....

The SCBWI conference is THIS weekend, and I can't wait to hear all the talks and presentations and take lots of notes so I can recap all the interesting highlights when I get back to my desk on Monday. It's going to be a long weekend, but at least I'll have my husband with me and my best friend Erica is kind enough to host us at her place in the city for three nights! I'm so lucky!

Yesterday I took some time to mat the artwork my husband and I will be putting in the Art Showcase. I really wanted to create a new piece for it, but this week has been the most challenging yet in terms of total body pain so I had to prioritize my stresses and opted to use one of the spreads from Red Riding Hood instead. Oh well....maybe next year!

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment