Thursday, February 10, 2011

The End is Merely the Beginning

That's a wrap! I finished up the last two remaining portraits and have officially cleared the deck of any paid work for the time being.


 


Tomorrow begins Day 1 of my professional hiatus from my illustration work. I'm taking a leave of absence from my paying gigs but that doesn't mean I'll be away from my studio. Although I plan to  spend the first few days catching up on some reading, I am looking forward to utilizing my time creatively to the fullest extent that my current health will allow.

As mentally and physically challenging as the constant body pain has been over the last half year, it's also giving me clarity and greater sense of purpose. Life can change quickly, unexpectedly, and with no real rhyme or reason. Now more than ever before, I see how precious and valuable my own time and life truly are. I think that if I can get through whatever the coming months have in store for me, I will inevitably be stronger and better for it. Maybe if I choose to see all this as a good thing, it will actually become a good thing. To me there can be no better time to FINALLY let go and make art that I want to make.

At the very least, I know crying and whining and wishing things were different has absolutely no effect on the outcome. Giving in to the negative thoughts and energies swirling around my own mind can not be allowed. When things get rough, the only thing that does anyone any good is simply doing good. Thinking positively seems to be the most logical thing to do right now. I'm hoping for the best because a positive mind is my best chance for making everyday a little easier to handle.

Deep breaths.
Here goes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment