Friday, February 18, 2011

False Alarm--Sort of

Here I was, jumping to conclusions thinking I was done---and then Scholastic requested two more portraits. I went ahead and threw together Mr. Thomas Edison and Mr. Jackie Robinson. I'm glad they added these great American figures and I was happy to end the project on a good note once and for all.

In other news, this break from illustration work is as well-timed as I could have ever hoped. Yesterday my husband officially took a new job at 38 Studios, which means we will be moving from our cozy little Somerville apartment to an as yet undiscovered new home outside of Providence, RI.

Although moving amidst all this other health stuff may get a bit overwhelming, I couldn't be happier. This is our chance to move closer to our families and settle down in a place where we can someday start our own. Plus, I kind of love packing and the idea of moving to a new space is pretty exciting to me.

The next couple months are bound to be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment