Monday, September 22, 2014

HAPPY AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!

(DEEP BREATH)

Ahhhhh. 

Fall has officially arrived. 

Summer seems like (literally) only yesterday, and yet here we are, on the brink of my favorite time of the year. 

The summer was lovely and part of me is sad to see it go. But I am comforted in knowing that I spent a good deal of time reading outside and soaking up the sun from the comfort of my favorite reading chair. I think I made the most of the warm days---I've certainly read a lot. And thought a lot. (And watched a lot of CrashCourse). While I haven't made much direct progress on the story development front, I have made a constant effort to absorb everything I'm reading (or watching), be it comics, novels, non-fiction ,television, movies, or even YouTubeVideos. 

After all, it's all funneling toward my creativity. 
It's what I call the percolating phase...I never know when or how inspiration will bubble back up and out and into the writing.  I'm just hopeful that it does.

In other news:

I will be participating in the Fall RISD Alumni Sale taking place on Benefit Street in Providence on October 11th. In anticipation of the day, I've gone back to the doodle board to finish up some new pieces. It's been nice to return to my beloved circles, cells, and stones after a few months away. 

Here are my two newest pieces. 

Ascension



Daydream


That's all for now. There's more work to be done and the night is young!

No comments:

Post a Comment