Thursday, May 28, 2015

SHAKESPEARE POSTER

As the graphic designer for The Gamm Theatre, one of my annual duties involves creating the GSI (Gamm Summer Intensive) poster for the high-school student acted and produced double feature of Shakespeare plays. It's always a challenge to create a single image for both productions. It's also a challenge to fit in the work for the project into my normal two-day work week at the theater. For the past three years, I deliberately created the images using graphic illustration/design as opposed to fully rendered illustration because it saved time. But this year I've been anxious to try a new style in my own illustration work and decided to turn this poster into an opportunity to experiment with the look and feel I had in mind. It was a great learning experience and I hope to continue to develop my ability to work in this style. You can expect to see something similar with the next few illustrations I have in the pipeline.

Here is the finished image and poster:



No comments:

Post a Comment