Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WIP: CONTACT FAN POSTER

For a while now, I've REALLY wanted to dive into making silkscreened alternative movie posters for fun. (I mean someday I would love to run commissions for my own posters but let's not get ahead of myself...)

I had started in on my design for a Practical Magic poster last year and while that is definitely still on the TO-DO LIST, I've bumped Contact up to the top because it's a simpler idea that will let me figure out technique without getting caught up in details. 

So here is my crude sketch and quick color study. I narrowed it down to 8 colors, and if I used purple paper I could get it down to 7 printed colors. I was figuring out if I want more or less around Ellie, and threw Palmer in there, but have decided to leave it just Ellie.



No comments:

Post a Comment