Friday, June 10, 2016

WIP: ZOOTOPIA FAN POSTER

I'm working on another fan art movie poster, this time for Zootopia. My husband and I adore the movie and would love to hang a poster for it on the wall.

At this point this image is just a Photoshopped collage sketch---I haven't drawn the characters myself yet. I start by pulling the individual images I want off the internet, moving the pieces around, scaling, cropping, adding some of my own design elements, selecting a color palette, converting the images to flatter blocks of color within that palette, and quickly painting things in to connect all the pieces. It's a few hours worth of thinking through the design, and it's a very different method than drawing from scratch. Still need to condense the number of colors and simplify the shapes. But I'm happy with this start. More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment